HELP BOULDER COUNTY’S OWN HOMELESS PEOPLE, NOT TRANSIENTS!
By Max R. Weller
1) Good on President Trump for taking to heart Mitt Romney’s comment made last year, “Marijuana makes people stupid.” Sure, there are exceptions; but for every Ph.D. smoking weed there are probably at least a hundred homeless potheads. See White House: Feds will step up marijuana law enforcement from CNN. And while we’re at it, let’s investigate to determine just where these marijuana entrepreneurs obtained the startup capital to open their businesses — since NO bank will touch them. My guess would be Mexican or South American drug cartels, seizing on the opportunity to “launder” illegal drug profits:
2) Does anyone living in the Real World support Boulder’s Muni Scam? See Pete Lorenzen: IBM and the city of Boulder’s proposed municipal utility in the Daily Camera. Meanwhile, Boulder City Council’s motto remains:
3) I hadn’t paid much attention to Sen. Cory Gardner (nor to Sen. Michael Bennet), but if the Looney Left inside the Boulder Bubble hates him the Homeless Philosopher LOVES him . . .
4) Read Killer, kleptocrat, genius, spy: the many myths of Vladimir Putin from the online Guardian.
5) I’m once again at Boulder Public Library’s 1001 Arapahoe homeless shelter today, and there has NOT been an obviously intoxicated BUM openly guzzling rotgut vodka and bouncing around in his seat as he watches some gyrating video ho — then pulling out what we used to call an “Afro fork” and stabbing at the rat’s nest on top of his head. BTW, I think he was a Caucasian.
I don’t think I could have tolerated another such character as yesterday’s.
6) I’m chagrined at this story in the Denver Post involving Bob Greenlee, who had kind things to say about this blog in his Daily Camera column some time ago: Preying on community compassion.
7) I haven’t been feeling very well for quite a while now, and I hope that I don’t wind up in the god-awful Boulder Manor Progressive Care Center again. Maybe warmer weather and fewer transients over the Summer will help both my body and spirit.